When you put your home up for sale, one of the best ways to determine the asking price is to look at comparable sales. There’s rarely a perfect apples-to-apples comparison, so a pricing
Great Ideas To Spruce Up Any Home
Dated: March 19 2017
1. Build a small mailbox library.
2. Swap out your showerhead for this amazing one.
3. Remove your fake drawers and make them functional.
4. Install in-counter storage for your fruits, bread, and vegetables.
5. Save space with drying racks in your laundry room that disappear into the wall after use.
6. Split a regular door into dutch half doors.
7. Add personal tabs so everyone gets their own toilet seat.
8. Heat sensing tiles will turn every shower into an Aurora Borealis of color.
9. Add a half table over a toilet paper holder to save space in a small bathroom.
10. Recessed outlets mean that your furniture can actually sit up against the wall.
11. Outlets in drawers mean that you can get all that gadget clutter off the counter.
12. You could also install your outlets underneath your kitchen cabinets so they don’t interfere with the backsplash.
13. Give your appliances an expensive-looking makeover with stainless steel contact paper.
14. Slide out drawers in the kitchen provide easy access for spices and condiments.
15. If your garage is adjacent to your kitchen or pantry, insert a small door for a super easy way to load groceries.
16. Build a porthole/tunnel into the wall to connect two rooms.
17. Add a long shelf to a hallway.
18. Instead of bunk beds, opt for space-saving murphy beds in a kids’ room or guest room.
19. This simple outdoor shower is perfect for a beach house.
20. Add a cabinet to any dead space in your kitchen or laundry room for cleaning supplies.
21. Replace your house numbers with a modern font.
22. Make signs for the bathroom so your guests know where to go.
23. Add a window seat to the landing of your staircase.
24. Light up your front or back porch with a chandelier.
25. Hide a slide-out coffee bar or kitchen appliances behind folding doors.
26. Use your kitchen drawers for a cutting board/scraps disposal station.
27. Add a doggie wash to a mudroom, laundry room, or entryway.
28. Missing a skylight? Get a Sun Tunnel.
29. Install a slide-away “step” in your bathroom baseboard to solve your short person problems.
30. Stools on hinges inside of a kitchen island or bar are a total space-saver.
31. Build drawers in wasted space between studs in the wall.
32. Mirrored tiles are a great substitute for a windowless room.
33. Apply stone or tile to the siding of the foundation of your home.
Source: Buzzfeed.com. Written by Peggy Wang. March 16, 2014
Growing up in the midwest, Jeremy began his love for architecture and real estate property after spending his childhood admiring the historic neighborhoods of Iowa City, Iowa. That initial admiration ....
Latest Blog Posts
Real Estate Is Americans’ Preferred Long-Term Investment From Florida Realtors When asked about the best investment for 10-plus years, 31% picked real estate
Looking for a good deal on a Pinellas Property? Use that text code above, for a complete current list of Fixers.;